Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Good Deed #2



The Family DogI was out for an evening walk tonight, and didn't get too many steps ahead when a truck pulled up and a young lady asked if I have seen her dog.  I replied no, but asked what kind of dog it was and it's personality to strangers if I did approach it.  I didn't hesitate to let her know I'd be glad to help in search for her dog since I was already out walking anyway and I had a flashlight to help with the search.  Quite frankly, I didn't mind helping one bit - I had time to spare, and really, how hard is it to call out Mocha (the dogs name) during my walk?  Besides, it's almost like killing two birds with one stone.  I get my exercise AND be a good samaritan.  You can't beat that!  Her husband and daughter were out walking too and scanning the lots with flashlights.  The daughter, probably about 10 or so was so determined to find her dog, that the sound of her voice calling for Mocha, made my bottom lip quiver - even more of a reason for me to search the area thoroughly.  I separated from them going the other way to cover more ground, and after a full hour had passed, coming up on 10pm and not having anything for dinner yet, I decided to walk back home.  Just before turning into my driveway, the husband came around the corner on his motorcycle and told me that they were still looking for him.  He told me where him and his family lived in the event I do come across Mocha, and I told him I'd stop by probably later this week to see if Mocha returned or if they found him.  I also stated that Mocha will turn up.  I received a warm 'thank you for your help' and he drove off continuing his search.

I don't know about you, but when these types of situations cross my path, I don't ignore them too often.  Perhaps, it is exactly these types of helpful gestures and the opportunities for me to give back is exactly what I need to feel there is a purpose.  To me, in any way, shape or form, by being generous, considerate and thoughtful, and I am able to use that in a positive light, always 100% do I feel happy to do something for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment