Translate

Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Deed

I did my good deed of the day! I was off to run some errands today and stopped by the local Starbuck's. I saw an elderly gentleman, his wife and their granddaughter (or so, I assume) looking dressed as if they were just coming out of church heading their way to the same place I was. They were quite a few feet away, but I noticed the elderly man was blind. As the wife and granddaughter slowly helped him along, I thought this was a good reason (and a possible sign from God) to do something that makes me feel good and positive about myself. Instead of rushing into Starbuck's, I waited patiently until the family got closer for me to open the door for them. I won't deny that I've done this before, and never received any sort of thank you from others before - but it wasn't about that this time....it was about me doing a good deed. However, this time I did get a blessed thank you from all three, not once, but twice with sincere smiles. And doing such a good thing for someone else did eventually pay off. The wife after paying for her drinks gave me two coupons to Starbuck's and told me, "I have no use for them anymore, here is a sort of 'thank you'." That alone, made my day seem ever so much brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment